HP3000-L Archives

July 1996, Week 1

From:
Jim Killam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Killam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 04:09:30 GMT
We have run into a situation where we have a batch job (this job is always
running) that launches a couple of son processes (say A and B). If A finds or
causes an error, the value of HPCIERROR (if I remember that is what it is
called) is set, but then B is processing and checks the value of this
variable and finds an error has occured (because of A) and while they are not
related, thinks it has an error and does some type of error handling. Rather
than sharing this system variable, is anyone aware of a way to let A and B
have their own unshared value for HPCIERROR (Or any system variable)?