HP3000-L Archives

July 1996, Week 1

From:
Jack Bailie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jack Bailie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 22:28:01 -0500
Terry SIMPKINS wrote:

> I have never seen a non-PM program that wouldn't run under MPE-iX.
>
> Any ideas as to what they could have done on V that won't run on iX??????---------------------------------------------------------
It's been a few years (and I have slept since) but I know we had a couple of
programs that wouldn't run properly on MPE/iX that ran fine on MPE V.  The
problem was a call to an intrinsic (I don't remember which one) that was wrong.
 The last arguement was suppose to be zero and had been left out of the call.
It was a bug - but it worked ok on V - but not on iX.  If you need to know more
I could do some research and find out exactly which intrinsic call - but from
the sound of your request I doubt it would do much good to find out.

Oops, I see you found your answer - but maybe someone else could find this
information helpful?
--
Jack "Soon to be retired" Bailie
Houston, Texas