HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 5

From:
Walter Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walter Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 03:58:43 GMT
Michael P. Smith ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

[command files for day of week and day of year]

: These are both very old routines (about 7 years if I remember right), and I
: think they work, but to be honest, I am not sure how to test them.  To date
all
: I have done is random sampling testing and they both seem fine, for both the
: 19xx and 20xx years (I'm not going to bother with 21xx for obvious reasons
:))

I tested both for all dates from 1898-01-01 through 2201-12-31, comparing
your results against those calculated by the COBOL II/iX run-time library.
I found no discrepancies.  Good job!

: Any response is welcome, especially if there is Pascal or C code involved.

Sorry, I used COBOL.  Standard COBOL has functions for doing this stuff.

Walter Murray
Hewlett-Packard
Support Technology Lab