HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 5

Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 18:15:22 -0400
< Plug Alert> For those interested in a TPI aware ODBC driver drop me a
line. Our DataExpress/ODBCLink option supports Third Party Interface (TPI)
which covers both the Omnidex and Superdex products ...from 16 or 32bit
desktops,

Rich deserves credit for the recommendation we should support TPI ...
thanks Rich ... we have been TPI aware in the ODBCLink option since last
fall, DataExpress has supported Omnidex since 1989 0r earlier ... it
really does make a difference for those of you supporting impatient users.
<End of Plug> We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Birket Foster (613) 448-2333 or (613) 448-2588 (FAX)

In article <[log in to unmask]>, Richard Trapp RAT <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>Subject:       Re: OMNIDEX and ODBC
>From:  Richard Trapp RAT <[log in to unmask]>
>Date:  Thu, 27 Jun 1996 08:39:00 PDT
>
>Greg,
>     Currently, the SQL Optimizer only cares about Imsam (or sorted)
keys.
> HP has not committed to supporting Omnidex (or Keyword) type keys.  You
>should be able to do partial key lookups using the sorted keys, but you
must
>pass it in a method that SQL/ODBC will not filter out the record you
>retrieve;  For example: If you look for "RICH%", it may find "Richard"
using
>the Sorted key, but SQL will filter out that record (under some
>circumstances) since it doesn't match "RICH" because it's not all upper
>case.
>
>Stay Tuned for our Omnidex aware ODBC driver....
>
>Rich
___
>____
>________ Dynamic Information Systems Corp.   |
>\!DISC / Rich Trapp                          | My opinions are my own.
> \    /  OMNIDEX Product Manager - IMAGE/SQL | With any luck they're
>  \  /   Phone : 303 444-4000                | correct ;-)
>   \/    E-mail: [log in to unmask]                |

> ---
>>From: Greg Rice
>>To: Multiple recipients of list HP3000-L
>>Subject: OMNIDEX and ODBC
>>Date: Wednesday, June 26, 1996 06:08PM
>>
>>Do odbc conections (specifically via Powerbuilder) have the ability to
use
>>third party keys such as Imsam and Omnidex.
>>
>>The Imsam keys seem to appear fine but wondering if anyone has had any
>>luck using omnidex keys. If so how would you code partial key lookups,
>>etc.
>>
>>Greg Rice  [log in to unmask]
>>Prevue Networks, Inc.
>>Tulsa, OK 74136

Birket Foster
M. B. Foster Associates .. the 1-800-ANSWERS people!
(613) 448-2333 or (613) 448-2588 (FAX)
(Thanks for your support of our 32bit DataExpress ODBCLink Driver)