HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 5

From:
Bill Bennett CSY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Bennett CSY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 23:01:25 GMT
On Wed, 26 Jun 1996 14:47:19 EDT, Jeanette Nutsford ([log in to unmask])
wrote:
: Jon Knights wrote -
: >The company that I work for is currently looking at the
: > options available to upgrade our existing HP3000 MM
: > software  to allow it to handle the year 2000.
: >
: > I was wondering if there is anybody else out there
: > who has had to upgrade / replace their MM software
: > due to the inability of certain versions of the software
: > to handle the  year 2000.
: >
: > We have got apprarently about 8 patches to install
: > to get the software up to the current version
: > and we have been  informed by HP that MM will only
: > be supported for  approximately another 5 years -
: > so we are also  not ruling out the possibility of installing
: > a new piece of software alltogether.
: >

It's my understanding HP is still supporting MM and it has not been
discontinued.  I don't work in the same area that MM is supported so
things may have changed.  But I do know that the current version of
MM does support the year 2000, so if MM is able to support your business
now it should continue to support it beyond  the year 2000.

<SNIP>

: If you plan to attend the HP WORLD'96 conference in Anaheim in August you
should
: schedule time to attend the Application Developers panel on Tuesday morning,
: 10am.  We intend to discuss all the aspects surrounding the difficulties of
: providing (and retaining) application software on the HP3000.

: Jeanette Nutsford
: SIGCOBOL Co Chairman

Also at HP WORLD'96 is the Manufacturing Conference where you can talk
to other MM users and 3rd party companies that support MM.  Also at the
conference will be other manufacturing software vendors.

Bill Bennett                                            [log in to unmask]
Speaking for myself and not my Company