HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 4

From:
Roger Klump <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Klump <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 00:35:31 GMT
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I just switched over from a thinlan connection to a
>10Base-T connection on my S928LX, but the led on
>the system's multifunction card in now blinking
>steadily.  On the card, is printed "Flash: Xcvr/Net Fail"
>right above the led.  Everything 'appears' to be working
>correctly, and LINKCONTROL shows no errors.  Any ideas?

>TIA,
>Michael L Gueterman
>Easy Does It Technologies
>email: [log in to unmask]
>http://Editcorp.nwinfo.net
>voice: (509) 946-6179
>fax:   (509) 946-1170

There is a jumper on the LAN card that needs to be switched in order
for the transceiver to work.  Remove the card from the box.  The
jumper is three rows with multiple columns of pins (if I remember
right, there are 8 columns of pins.)  Remove the jumper from the
middle row and one of the outside rows, then place it on the middle
row and the other outside row.  Place the card back in the case and
start the system back up.  The AUI port now provides all LAN access to
the system..

Roger Klump
Orion Group Software Engineers
home: [log in to unmask]