HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 4

From:
Michael I Yawn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael I Yawn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 15:30:41 GMT
It looks like I'll be hosting the Java BoF at HPWorld this
year.  I'd appreciate any suggestions from the group as to
how to make the agenda interesting.

A report on the port of Java to MPE will definitely be
included, and perhaps even a demo if luck is with us.

My personal interest is on the side of serious application
development using Java.  A platform-independent language such
as Java could do wonders for the availability of new
application programs for the HP 3000.  Are other people's
interests similar, or more inclined towards Java as a
WWW plug-in, or what?

Mike

Mike Yawn                            email       [log in to unmask]
Hewlett-Packard                      HPDesk   Mike YAWN/HP6650/21
Commercial Systems Division          Voice         (408) 447-4367
19447 Pruneridge Ave M/S 44UP        Fax           (408) 447-0312
Cupertino, CA  95014