HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 4

Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 20:40:22 GMT
Has anyone noticed that MPE's transient space grows over time on 5.0?
When I reboot my system and all users and normal jobs are on, the system
uses about 750k sectors for transient space.  After 3-4 months of being up
the transient space with the same user load climbs to 2,000k sectors.  Is
this a known problem?  Are there any ways of finding out what is holding on to
this space or is it just out in the ozone?

This is the fourth attempt to send this message. All previous messages have
been
reported as not going through.  Please excuse the duplication if this has
actually
gone through previously.

Bill Grefe
PCI Ozone & Control Systems, Inc.