HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 3

From:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 11:04:56 -0500
> > >TurboSTORE/iX 7x24 brings new features in  MPE/iX 5.5
> > >
> > >TurboSTORE/iX 7x24 will be released with MPE/iX 5.5. This new
version
> of
> > >TurboSTORE brings several new features as well as a "True Online
> Backup
> > >capability."   The major new features include:
> > >

> > Followed by a long posting about all the features of TurboSTORE.
> >
> > Jim,
> >
> > This is not the proper venue for this advertising.  Your posting
> offended me
> > in many ways:
[snip]

> > Denys. . .
>
> I, for one, am glad to hear announcements regarding enhancements
> to HP products for the 3000. It seems to me that between all of
> the word problems and Unix gripes that have been going on, this
> was one of the few useful posts I've seen in about the last month,
> certainly one of the ones that least deserves such harsh critism.
>
> Just my opinion. Ray.

Hey, Denys, having a bad day?

For the most part, I agree with Ray. Given that we put up with all kinds
of unrelated stuff like the posts on logic challenges, etc., how can you
complain about informing us about new features of a mainstream product
for the HP3000?

Yes, it could have been shorter and pointed at other sources for
details, but hey, unless you pay by the line or byte, what different
does it really make? It is just as easy to delete if your not
interested. If your a competitor, then your better informed about the
competition. As a system manager and TurboStore customer, I'm happy to
hear about the upgrade available. In fact, I'd suggest the post left out
some important information that should have been included - if it was
going to be a detailed post - namely, what version of TurboStore is this
an automatic upgrade for and what version is it a purchasable upgrade.

As to not being a regular contributor, personally, I view all HP's
employee's contributions as an "HP" contribution, unless they explictly
cite a disclaimer. So, clearly, HP makes contributions to the list.

Furthermore, these sorts of complains and flames just add to the traffic
and message volume, so why not keep it private?

Cheers,
Richard ([log in to unmask])
(vist us at http://www.xula.edu)