HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 3

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 18:14:14 EDT
In hopes of defusing this issue...

I personally welcomed Jim's post and viewed it as an advance copy of what
may well be a forthcoming 5.5 Communicator article, not a sales pitch.  If
we carry the "anti-plug" to an extreme, we should exclude Image/SQL and
other postings concerning non-FOS products.  I would like to keep the data
channels as open as possible where CSY is concerned, and I don't think this
is out of line with the list's tradition.

I can see Denys' objection in that TS7x24 is perhaps out of the mainstream
FOS where there is no competition (unless you want to lump HP-UX in there),
and would perhaps be in agreement if this was a HP-FA or other blatantly
commercial product.  TS7x24, however, is not that removed from FOS; and the
fact that a demo will be delivered on FOS makes it generally relevant.

I will leave the "decision" to the readership, this was just my opinion.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>