HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 3

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 13:34:09 -0400
----------
From:   ChipDorm[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Thursday, June 13, 1996 12:03 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list HP3000-L
Subject:        Finding CM switch causes

I have been observing our HP3000/980 through Glance
and have noticed that it is switching to Compatibility
Mode alot (>1800/sec).  Searching the directory, I have
found only one PROG in use with the rest NMPRG.  I assume
that we have recompiled all of our programs and libs so I wonder
what is causing the high number of CM switches.  Incidentally,
I see that most of our KSAM files are the MPE-type (KSAM/KSAMK)
and wonder if MPE/XL switches to CM to access these files.

Sounds to me that you should switch to native mde KSAM which is much
faster if you do alot of KSAM IO.

Nick Demos  nmdemos@access,digex.net