HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 21:40:56 -0400
The issues in moving to client server really involve how many transactions
and how stable are the tools you are working with. <PLUG>In the HP3000
environment we have customers using our DataExpress/ODBCLink with Image,
Image/SQL, AllBase, Oracle, Ksam and MPE files in a client server
environment. <END PLUG>

On the whole if you are going to use an HP3000 all of the above are find
and are listed in about the same order as the preference for using them.
We support TPI so Image with Omnidex or Supeerdex flies in a client server
environment.

On the 9000 AllBase is probably tuned to the platform the best ... if you
are staying with the HP9000 for a couple of years then try AllBAse ...
otherwise Oracle, Sybase, or Informix will do ...

Good luck with your project

Birket Foster
M. B. Foster Associates .. the 1-800-ANSWERS people!
(613) 448-2333 or (613) 448-2588 (FAX)
(Thanks for your support of our 32bit DataExpress ODBCLink Driver)