HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 3

From:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 13:44:03 GMT
I have a VPlus oriented utility module which accepts, as a parameter,
the Comarea with which the calling program accesses VPlus. For a
variety of reasons, I now need to access a different form-file within
the module, and to restore the status quo when I leave. There seem to
be two possibilities:

1) Save the original comarea, and create a brand new one for use within
   the module,
or
2) Somehow discover the name of the form-file I happen to be using when
   the module is called, save that name, close the form-file, open my
   new form-file, and then close/re-open the original file on exit.

Life gets a little more complicated, because sometimes I want to use
the same file that is open when the module is called (and thus save
the overhead).

Bottom line is, How can I find out the name of the form-file associated
with a comarea. Hacking the comarea does not lead easily to a
file-number which reports out the file name.

Any ideas?  suggestions?
TIA
Tony