HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 3

From:
Steve Verona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Verona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 09:05:39 -0700
Martin O'Murphy wrote:

> Hi,
>         Having failed miserably to solve previous challenges,
> I thought I'd post one myself. One minor problem though: I don't
> have the solution!, but I do know that it _can_ be done by logic
> alone, and does not rely on wordplay or other subterfuge.
>
> The Problem:
> ------------
> You are given 12 coins, ......
>
> Go to it gang!
>
> Martin.
>
> --
>
> Speaking for myself.

Martin,

I assume you just received the DB-Net, Inc. mailing with this puzzle on
it.  It will be interesting to see how quickly everybody can solve it.

Last year we sent this out before the Interex show and distributed them
at the show.  We offered a prize to anybody able to solve it.  Only one
person was able to give a complete answer for all possible outcomes.

Good luck everyone.

--
Steven Verona, Vice President
DB-Net, Inc.   614-436-6565 ext 15