HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 3

From:
John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 13:21:21 -0700
On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Ken Sletten b894 c332 x62525 wrote:
> .......  So if I hang a sign that says "Welcome" on the side of my
> house, and I happen to forget to lock the front door one day,
> can someone can walk in and totally trash the place, and still
> say that I invited them in ??.......  Only in America, with 10+ times
> the number of per-capita lawyers than Japan.....

Hey Ken,

When did locking your front become an issue?  The mat on your porch
says welcome and you only lock the door to keep "others" out.  This
certainly doesn't apply to me or any other individuals who happen
to read mat!

Protect yourself.  Put up at least 5 warning signs, all in conspicuous
places so that a person could never claim that they weren't told they
couldn't enter your house.

Regards,

John Joerger                    Press-Telegram (Long Beach)
[log in to unmask]             http://www.ptconnect.com