HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 2

Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 14:30:33 -0700
Art wrote:
>   You mentioned the PCL 5 Tech Ref...I got it free by sending in a
>response card of sometype...is this still doable???

The 3Si and/or 4Si printers and possibly the LJ4 (and maybe others of
the same vintage) came with a card you could send in to get the
complete set of PCL5 manuals for free.  I think HP has stopped offering
this though, as our 5Si/MX did not come with such an offer.

Larry wrote:
>The most straightforward command is the RDYMSG command:
>
>@PJL RDYMSG DISPLAY = "message" [<CR>]<LF>      where

My favorite value to use for "message" is something like:

   "Game Over. Insert quarter"

G.