HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 2

Roman Sallin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 01:49:25 MESZ
Talking about NFS:

> When Simon asked:
>
> >I was wondering if MPE/iX supported NFS to a UNIX server ?
>
> Roman Sallin said:
>
> >Unfortunately NFS is not included with MPE/iX but you can buy it from
> >Quest.
>
> Starting in April, HP also began reselling and supporting the Quest NFS/iX
> product. It's HP product number B5183AA and runs under MPE/iX 5.0 and
> later.
>
> Given the era of third party partnership that CSY is promoting, I believe
> it's unlikely HP will be offering an NFS product of its own bundled in the
> HP 3000 operating system. NFS/iX allows a 3000 to function as an NFS server
> or client.

Well, I said "unfortunately" because it could make MPE/iX more attractive.
When I try to convince UNIX guys that MPE/iX is not only a very robust
OS but "open" as well, they often ask: ok, but what about NFS ?

Roman

*  Roman Sallin                           Tel     +41 (0)31 9810666      *
*  SWS SoftWare Systems AG                Fax     +41 (0)31 9813263      *
*  Freiburgstr. 634                       E-Mail  [log in to unmask]    *
*  CH - 3172 Niederwangen                                                *