HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 2

From:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 16:06:08 -0500
When Simon asked:

Roman Sallin said:

>Unfortunately NFS is not included with MPE/iX but you can buy it from
>Quest.

Starting in April, HP also began reselling and supporting the Quest NFS/iX
product. It's HP product number B5183AA and runs under MPE/iX 5.0 and
later.

Given the era of third party partnership that CSY is promoting, I believe
it's unlikely HP will be offering an NFS product of its own bundled in the
HP 3000 operating system. NFS/iX allows a 3000 to function as an NFS server
or client.

Ron Seybold, Editor In Chief
The 3000 News/Wire
Independent Information to Maximize Your HP3000
512-331-0075