HP3000-L Archives

June 1996, Week 1

From:
Brian Rosenow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 14:02:46 -0500
I am currently in the process of investigating ODBC connectivity between
my HP3k 925 and
my Windows95 PC.  I was having trouble getting the Listener to start
correctly (ANSTART
NS) and therefore called the response center.  The helpful person on the
other end of the
phone told me what I needed to do and ended by saying "Just follow the
directions in chapter
2 of the _Allbase/Net User's Guide_."

I am now putting all of my manuals back on their shelves after
determining, by means of
tossing them to the ground one-by-one, that *I do not have* the
aforementioned manual.
Now, I still have all 73 of the blue and gray binders that were
delivered with the system and
MPE/XL 1.0 in 1988, and every manual for every OS version since.  *I
never received this
manual.*

Begin Venting {
After some checking I was informed that I could purchase this manual for
$40.00 and 3 or 4
business days wait.  Does it seem reasonable that I should have to buy a
manual that should
have been included with my MPE/iX 5.0 push?  The money does not matter,
it's the wait
and the idea that I have to purchase this information which should have
been provided me
with my OS.
}

I feel better, I guess I just needed to vent.

Brian Rosenow
Information Officer
UAB School of Optometry