HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 5

From:
Eric Durlin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Durlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 15:02:54 GMT
Conversely, how might I transfer flat text files from the 9000 to my
3000 WITHOUT any network connectivity?  Can I set up a UNIX workstation
and attach serially to my 3000?  If so I could be on my 9000 network
and be connected to the 3000 via a serial connection - that should
leave the file xfer burden on my emulation/file xfer software, right?!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Rick Durlin
Innovative Technology, Inc.

In <[log in to unmask]> ron darling
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Does anyone have any experience transfering data from a 3000 to a 900
via DAT?
>I have done so using fcopy and the dd commands, but at one record per
block.
>Which was Ok when I had a small file, but I have a 2,000,000 record
file to
>transfer now, and the dd command looks like it will take a couple of
days to
>read the DAT, literally.  The commands I use are:
>
>   FILE TP;DEV=TAPE;REC=-58,1,F,ASCII
>   FCOPY FROM=FILENAME;TO=*TP
>
>   dd if=/dev/rmt/dat of=filename cbs=58 conv=unblock

< snip >