HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 5

From:
Vance Ho <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 May 1996 07:39:42 GMT
[log in to unmask] (Michael Hopper) wrote:
>I'm new to the world of the HP3000s but am learning more and more every
>day.  (Will be taking the system managers course in a few weeks.)
>So this may be a dumb question, but....
>
>We've added a new DTC with 6 slots for 8 port cards.
>Only three of the cards have been installed, but all six have been
>configured system-wise.  Each of the new ports are now configured at
>9600, but they need to be 19200.  (An oversite at installation time.)
>
>Now, when we reconfigure the DTC in NMMGR, does the whole machine need
>to be brought down and back up, or can you just power-cycle the DTC?
>Where is the DTC getting it's config information during
>powerup/download?
>
>-Mike-

Hi, Mike

If yr HP3000 is running MPE/iX 5.0, what u need is to turn the
DTC power off and then on again.  The MPE/iX 5.0 will detect the DTC
and then download the necessary DTC port config. info into the DTC.
U should notice that some downloading info appearing at the Console
Terminal.

If yr HP3000 is running MPE/iX 4 or 4.5, u hv to

a.   perform SHUTDOWN on HP3000
b.   power off DTC
c.   start up HP3000 ... at the ISL> prompt, enter STARTNORECOVERY.
d.   After passing thru the system date/time when some system msg
     appears, u need to turn on DTC power.  The DTC config from
     NMCONFIG file will then be downloaded into DTC.

Hope the above helps u.

Regards.