HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 5

From:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 14:00:00 +0500
Jon said....

> Like a lot of people, I'm watching Windows NT very closely.  But I would
> humbly suggest to people thinking about HP and NT -- remember that HP
> also makes PCs.  In fact, I have an HP Pentium Pro PC at home, running
> NT.  So, when you hear about HP & NT, look closely to determine
> whether PA-RISC or Intel x86 is being referenced.

A co-worker found this press release that talks about NT NOS services
available on an HP-9000 "Advanced Server".  The URL is:

http://www.hp.com/presrel/08apr96d.htm.

As I read this, it is not NT on PA-Risc, but more like Novell/iX on an
HP3000.  My comparison; your view may differ and is welcome.

/alan