HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 5

From:
"Rudderow, Evan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rudderow, Evan
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 07:54:00 EDT
Bryan O'Halloran <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We have been trying to use ODBC for a while without success.  We have tried
>Ethernet and Token Ring media. We have tried WfW 3.11 and Novell Winsocks.
>We seems to be running the latest ODBC client and patch level 50.05  We
>have tried as many variations as we can with no success even though the
>various PCs can see the HP3000s (PING, Reflection etc). The error message
>we get is "Logon Error 4053".

There *used* to be a problem with the G0 ODBC driver going to a G0 Allbase
(or Image/SQL) database -- for no good reason you'd get the error:
     MISSING PASSWORD (DBERR 35407)

We alleviated the message by backdating to the F0 ODBC driver.  Your message
sounds kinda, sorta similar.  I know this sounds *really stupid*, but have
you tried using older versions of the Allbase ODBC driver (available at
http://www.3k.com/)?

Regards.

 -- Evan