HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 4

From:
Larry Byler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Byler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 1996 19:37:35 GMT
Paul Baker ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: I'm trying to print spool files on a Laserjet 4 using a different font
: to the default. I've created an environment file using TTUTIL with the
: escape sequences in it to select the font but it still comes out in
: the default font. What am I doing wrong??

Several possibilities leap to mind, but without knowing the specifics of
your situation I can only speculate:
o   Your spool file includes an Esc-E (reset) sequence.  Since the TTUTIL
    file is processed before any spool file data, your font is selected
    during TTUTIL processing, but is immediately de-selected (and returned
    to default) by the Esc-E in the spool file.
o   The font specified in your TTUTIL file is non-resident in your LJ 4.
    In this case, specifying it in TTUTIL makes no difference, and the
    LJ 4 will ignore the font selection.
o   You've created the TTUTIL file incorrectly, either by putting the
    font selection escape sequence in the wrong place (should be in the
    Initialization String window of the VFC and Initialization screen),
    or by specifying it incorrectly there.  Note that you cannot enter
    the Escape character directly (as #27, chr(27), or even ^[), but must
    enter it using the string ESC (which TTUTIL understands).  By way of
    example, here is the Initialization String of TT26.PUB.SYS:
          ESC,'Z',ESC,'E',ESC,'&l1L'
o   You are not incorporating the TTFILE correctly (say, by failing to
    or by not specifying the proper path for the file (I don't think Posix
    path names are supported, but don't quote me on that)).

I hope some of this helps you solve your problem.

-Larry "MPE/iX Spoolers 'R' Us" Byler-