HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 4

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 1996 08:44:00 +0200
We use LaserJet III Si's, and LaserJet 5 Si.
We usually design the form with Formation, but we do have preprinted cheks
at the bottom of one of our forms, and we also experience the dreaded
vertcal registration problem. It wasn't 2/3 lines though, more like 2/3
millimeters. We just made the boxes bigger on the next print run. :)

A warning for anyone moving to laser:- get your stationery printers VERY
involved in the design/test/redesign cycle. The people that do cut sheet pre
printed documents are not the same people that do tractor-fed continuous
forms and often have no idea what grief it causes poor programmers trying to
fit text into forms that were never designed for dumb laser printers!

Neil Harvey