HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 4

From:
John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 14:05:34 -0700
I don't have any production flowing through the output queues yet,
but the C40D seems to do a good job printing reports on plain paper.
Preprinted forms are another story.

We have preprinted color invoices that are printed on a 2680A laser
printer.  We planned on pre-bursting these forms and printing
invoices on the resulting single sheets.  The big problem we are
having is with registration.  The paper feeder seems to allow
approximately 2/3 of a line of play in vertical placement.  This
is enough to print data outside of required boxes and to move the
remittance scan line out of range of the scanner.

Any operational tips from those who have been using this beast?
I hadn't heard of this until two days ago when our HP CE came
out to service the 2680.  Anyone care to share what else they
are doing to utilize preprinted forms?

Regards,

John Joerger                    Press-Telegram (Long Beach)
[log in to unmask]             http://www.ptconnect.com