HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 4

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 14:45:10 GMT
How about:

You might be a high tech red-neck if:

1. You converted a 7935 disk to a beer cooler and the lid still works!
2. You converted a 3000-III bay to a Gun Rack, and the front panel boot
   up switch sequence is the combination lock.
3. You attend Interex meetings to pick up a date??? (This might be the
   same as going to a family reunion to find a date ?)
4. The model of processors you have purchased are all in the same family
   tree (Where I come from, it is a clue you could be a red-neck if your
   family tree does not branch).
5. You have a 3000-70 (3 bay) up on blocks (with the feet taken off) in
   your front yard.

This was fun... Maybe we need to gather the best contributions and add
them to the JAZZ or other web page... or we could have a FA'HTRJ -
Frequently Asked High Tech Redneck Jokes (FAQ).

Regards, and enjoy!

James Hofmeister
Hewlett Packard - Kennesaw, Georgia
Worldwide Technology Network Expert Center

P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily (certainly not in this case)
my employers.

Yes, I work in "Kennesaw" the city which has a gun law that requires all
residents to own a gun which is secured at their residence.  I personally
keep mine in my desk, but don't tell anyone!  (just kidding, really!)