HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 3

From:
K N Kumar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K N Kumar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 12:47:42 IST
Rick Clark wrote:
> Hi all.  Looking for some help again.  We are trying to convert some of our
> programs over to NM,  but received the following errors on some of the
> converted programs;
> :RUN BKP084.OBJECT;LIB=P;MAXDATA=30000
>
> UNRESOLVED EXTERNALS: nmp004 (LDERR 512)
> UNRESOLVED EXTERNALS: nmp002 (LDERR 512)

For a NM program, the library used to resolve external references is, by
default, XL.PUB.SYS (apart from NL.PUB.SYS). The LIB=P specifies that you
have a file named 'XL' in the PUB group of the same account. This will be
searched before XL.PUB.SYS is searched.
Ensure that you have XL.PUB in your account and that it contains the required
symbols (you can check this in LINKEDIT).
Alternatively, if your NM library has a name other than 'XL', you can choose
to specify it in the RUN command with the 'XL=' option. Note that you cannot
use this option WITH the LIB option.

Also, the MAXDATA parameter is not really valid for NM programs. Irrespective
of the value you specify, a system defined CM maximum value will be used.

Kumar
HP CSY-India