HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 3

From:
Roger Klump <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Klump <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 1996 01:04:09 GMT
[log in to unmask] (ASCC) wrote:

>We are using the open Novell implementation in MPEiX on an HP 937.  We have
>several printers that go through the MPE print queues in addition to a couple
>that are directly on the network.  When attempting to print directly from
>WIN95, the print job gets stuck, often locking up the Novell print queue
>requiring the print server to be reset.  I can get around this by printing to
>file and using NWPRINT to print to the appropriate printer from a dos window.
>We have no problems printing from Windows 3.11 directly onto the network.
Does
>anyone have any experience with a similar setup?  Any advice would be greatly
>appreciated.

Several months ago, HP was working on a patch for this problem.  I'm
not sure if it is has been released for general use yet.  The patch
allowed Win95 clients to print through Netware/iX print queues.

I'd call the response center and see if the patch has been released
yet.

Roger Klump
Orion Group Software Engineers
home: [log in to unmask]