HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 2

Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 14:02:43 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]> Roman Sallin <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>Hi everybody
>
>We are worried about the future of Allbase/SQL. I would like to
>point out some interesting facts:
>
>- I just received the training program 1996 from HP: there are a
>  lot of courses you can take, even Image/SQL but no Allbase/SQL
>- HP-UX 10.0 was released about one year ago. Allbase/SQL is still
>  not available for it.
>- HP doesn't seem to push Allbase/SQL (although this is only my
>  opinion)
>
>We think that Allbase/SQL is a very interesting product:
>
>- Relational database with good performance
>- ODBC support
>- Available on MPE/iX and HP-UX

I have been teaching Allbase/SQL allready to hundreds of students
at Helsinki Business Polytechnic for some years, and I would add
 - It is a reliable DBMS and easy to manage
 - Works just the way RDBMS shall do according to the SQL-92 standard
   and the database literature

>So, what's the future of Allbase/SQL ? Could it disappear slowly ?
>Any comments (from HP and HP users) would be appreciated.

Good questions.  We try to arrange SIG ALLBASE meeting at the
Midnight Lights '96 meeting June 10-12, and I invite everyone
interested in the future of Allbase/SQL to attend the meeting.

Please send your suggestions for the agenda to my email
address at Helsinki Business Polytechnic

or to Excelco

Regards
Martti Laiho