HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 2

Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 09:52:56 PST
Bruce,

The only scenario I can think of where adding or removal of data items
is an issue is if your logfile analysis involves inquiry on specific
items.  Also, I should think you'd need a copy of the database which
matches the structure represented by the logfile(s) you're auditing.
If you're auditing the current logfile set for a logging cycle, there
should be no problem, assuming that the logging cycle was refreshed
after the structural change.  For logfile audits prior to the change,
you'd probably have to restore a copy of the corresponding database(s)
or, at least, create empty ones from a compatible schema.

I'd be interested to hear other solutions myself.  We use DBAudit for
most needs, but it's still not ready to handle our largest log ID.

Lee Gunter      503-375-4498        [log in to unmask]
HMO Oregon      503-375-4401  fax
The opinions expressed, here, are mine and mine alone, and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.