HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 2

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 19:34:45 GMT
Hello Alan,

This is your followup question emailed to my address:

I ran this program and glad to know of it's existence.  I hate to ask this
question, but.....is it a supported program (real documentation), or is it
as is.

And specifically, does it show probe & probe proxy info.  I looked, but
did not see it on a real quick glance.

Yes, it is a HP-Supported utility, for more details you can see the
NS3000/IX Operations and Maintenance Reference Manual Chapter (6).

~and~ your second question about probe & prove proxy info...

IP-MAC and Nodename to IP address's are cached and can be displayed in
'nettool' with some exceptions...
  1. In general outbound connections are cached, though these mappings
     can 'age' out.

  2. Unsolicited inbound connections are not cached in the Nodename to
     IP address cache...  depending on what OS & Patch level running.

:nettool.net.sys;info="nameaddr;mappings;mapping;quit"

  - Generates a list of IP to MAC-Ethernet address's

:nettool.net.sys;info="nameaddr;cache;name;quit"

  - Generates a list of IP to Nodenames
  - Reports Duplicate IP address found
  - Displays Nodenames configured in NSDIR

:nettool.net.sys;info="resource;display;quit"

  - Generates a resource report detailing NS Transport resources
    used in the system...

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

James Hofmeister
Hewlett Packard
Worldwide Technology Network Expert Center
P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.