HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 2

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 08:53:32 -0400
In a message dated 96-05-07 00:12:38 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Eugene
Robertson) writes:

>d-invoice-dtl
>        invoice-number  x(14)
>        detail-type     x(2)
>        invoice-data    x(104)
>
>Invoice-data may look like the following :
>        s9(7)           comp-3
>        s9(3)v9999      comp-3
>        9(2)
>        etc.....
>

>Invoice-number and detail-type convert over fine.  However invoice-data
>does not.  What looks to be the problem is where the table was defined
>they just defined everything as character and used a copy library to
>access this data.  What invoice-data contains varies based on detail-type.
> However most contain numeric, packed and alpha information.  I am looking
>at trying to setup some type of view to get to the data.  But I am not
>able to convert the packed information within the column.

I would look at the SPLIT command in IMAGESQL.PUB.SYS.  This command will
enable you to redefine the column of X104 to the various columns the data
represents.

If you need further help, post to the list or me directly at [log in to unmask]

Kind regards,

Denys. . .