HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 2

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 1996 12:08:07 0200
Subj: Security Software for the HP3000?

I am interested in finding out what types of security software all of you
are using. We are interested in purchasing a security package but I am
not
sure what all is available. Any response greatly appreciated?

-----------------------------------
Michael E. Farrell                 !

Answer : DuPont de Nemours Germany uses the VESOFT package SECURITY/3000
in combination with VEAUDIT and MPEX of course ;-)

This product covers our needs, and the internal audit was satisfied and
didn't find any serious security hole.

The administrative effort is depending on the application's and system's
security needs - but the tool is very flexible at all (e.g. the STREAMX
functionality, incl. the hiding of passwords for remote hellos out of
menus etc etc .... I could add a lot of features we're using ...

If you have more questions just let me know :
Andreas Schmidt, DuPont de Nemours Deutschland GmbH,
DuPont-Str. 1, 61343 Bad Homburg, Germany
eMail : [log in to unmask]
Phone : (0)6172-87-2117; Fax : -2108