HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 2

Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 21:04:00 +0200
Hello 3000 friends,

I recently submitted the following Enhancement Request against the
LaserROM/iX CD manual documentation product. Maybe a few of you out
there in 3000 land would like to submit "Me Too" ER's at your local
Response Center (to vote for a raise in lab priority)... or pick
this item for you next local user group meeting...

You may also send me an eMail with your name and company, if you
prefer a low-overhead "me too". I will collect the responses and
forward to the appropriate lab folks (assuming there are some ;)

By the way, the reference number is 1653-169482.

Cheers, Lars/iX

([log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask])

How can I distinguish private opinions and ideas from job related
ones when I work for a 3000 Response Center team all day long???

Item Subject: Attachment

Enhancement Request for a Web based LaserROM/iX Browser

The CD Extensions/iX product currently only supports DOS based
sockets which are not quite state-of-the art and no longer
supported by popular PC Transports like WRQ 3000 Connection 4.1
as far as I understand.

Please supply a useable client/server solution for HP 3000 users
who receive MPE/iX documentation on CDROM that does not demand
workarounds like using local PC CDROM drives or Novell servers.

How about porting the CGI Web Interface for LaserROM that can be
found at http://... to the HP 3000 and making it work together
with the programs around CDSTARTJ and CDMGR ??

The HTTP server is already available as freeware on the CSY Web
Server JAZZ (http://jazz.external.hp.com) or as a fully supported
product from Open Market (see PSP #...). So all that's needed is
a proper CGI-BIN that interfaces the CDROM drive and handles HTML
forms and document formatting.

Terminal users might use a host based character mode Web Browser
like LYNX, which is available as freeware on JAZZ, too. LAN based
PC users might use a browser like Mosaic or Netscape.