HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 2

From:
Roger Klump <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Klump <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 01:25:28 GMT
[log in to unmask] (John Painter) wrote:

>The bottom line:  if you were considering purchasing a DDS-2 drive, you
>may be stuck using 90 meter tapes for some time. FYI

How true.  We've had a shipment on backorder for over a month now.
When we placed the order, we were told it could take up to 13 weeks
for the entire shipment to be sent.

When we found this out, we doubled our order so that we could provide
tapes to our clients for their use.  We'll keep on doing this until
the shortage disappears. (I doubt if this will be cleared up any time
soon.)

Roger Klump
Orion Group Software Engineers
home: [log in to unmask]