HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 1

From:
Jeff Kauffman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kauffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 14:10:17 GMT
>>Does anyone have any experience in VPLUS and Network performance?
>>
>>We have several users who run Cobol and VPlus application through
>>the network, using Reflection for Dos 4.2.
>>
>>This is the problem: once in a while, the user is disconnected
>>from the system while moving from one screen to another. The
>>keyboard locks, and nothing happens, so the user is forced to
>>re-boot and re-logon.

This is a fairly old version of Reflection for DOS, you should probably check
the version of the vtmgr.exe module that is being loaded.  You can download
the latest version from our bbs (206) 217-0145 in the Reflection Network
Series area or ftp server (ftp.wrq.com) in the bbsfiles/rns directory.  The
file is named patchvtm.exe.  One of the symptoms that this cures is random
session disconnects.

Jeff

Jeff Kauffman                                email: [log in to unmask]
Technical Support                            phone: 206-217-7000
WRQ - Makers of Reflection Software            fax: 206-213-8038
Seattle, WA, USA