HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 1

From:
peter van boheemen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter van boheemen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 13:40:11 +0000
We are using the NCSA WWW server on the HP3000 and experience problems whem
using Netscape to access it. Very often small gifs are displayed as trashed.
Sometimes it will not show a html file saying that network error have been
found.
It does only happen with files that are already cashed by Netscape. It never
happens when I connect to a non HP3000 server.
When caching is off, the problem never occurs.
Mosaic does not have these problems.
The PC and HP3000 are on the same LAN. I also noticed this problem when I
access the Internet through a dial up connection, using a 28k8 modem. When I
use a 14k4 modem, the problem does not occur.
I have heared of one HP3000 site that reports the same problems.
Does anyone else have these problems ? Is there someone who knows what to do
about it?
What abou an alternative server like the Open Market/iX server ? Is this
server available ? Is it free or can I order it ?

Peter van Boheemen

Drs. Peter J.C. van Boheemen
Head Systems Development and Data Base Management
LIBRARY WAGENINGEN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY/PUDOC-DLO
Jan-Kopshuis, Automation Department
tel: +31-8370-82517                       fax: +31-8370-84761
Email: [log in to unmask]
Snail:Gen. Foulkesweg 19, 6703 BK Wageningen, the Netherlands