HP3000-L Archives

May 1996, Week 1

From:
"Rudderow, Evan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rudderow, Evan
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 14:26:00 EDT
Dave Anderson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have 3 HP3000s connected together with a thin lan cable.  This goes from
>computer to DTC to computer to DTC, etc. Dsline, dscopy, etc, all is well.
 To save
>money we bought a thin lan to twisted pair converter and plugged it into
our 3COM
>hub.  I have a HP9000 in another state and they want to logon to the 3000
probably
>using  TELNET.  We are getting Connection refused.  We can exchange files
with
>FTP no problem but no interactive access.  What would I need to do or where
do I
>need to look to make this happen??

If they're trying to telnet directly into the HP3000, then the "connection
refused" is understandable: the HP3k doesn't yet support host-based, inbound
telnet.  What you need is a TAC (Telnet Access Card) in one or more of your
DTCs, and *then* the user must telnet to the DTC, *not* to the HP3k.  You'll
also need OpenView DTC Manager.

Or you could wait for MPE/iX 5.5.

Regards.

 -- Evan