HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 5

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 10:20:00 S
James Trudeau wrote:

Howdy,

Like it or not (I most definitly NOT) we will be migrating
to a UNIX environment next year.  The problem I've got
is trying to translate 3000 horsepower to 9000 horsepower.

I am aware that one way or another I can get a 3k to 9k
conversion kit for the current box however, bearing in mind
that Unix and Oracle require more system resources, will
this box support the new environment?  In other words
an HP3000 9XX is proportional to an HP9000 what?

      etc.

Sorry, I can't help you, James. But it would be really nice if you
dropped this list a note from time to time, letting us know your
progress, trials, tribulations and successes over the next year.

Bon Chance!

Neil Harvey