HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 4

From:
John DiPirro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John DiPirro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 11:52:41 -0700
I contacted Dennis Espinosa at SIMBA who informed me that while they do
have ODBC drivers for the Mac platform they don't have a driver that will
connect a Mac to an IMAGE/SQL data base.  This is the same response I
have had from every developer of ODBC drivers I have contacted so far.

M.B. Foster is willing to take a look at developing a driver if I can get
enough support from others in the HP3000 community looking for the same
driver.  So far the requests are not exactly pouring in.

If you would like to see a Mac to IMAGE/SQL driver written, please
contact me at the following address:

I will complie a list of those interested and forward it to Mr. Foster.

Thanks for your interest.

John J. DiPirro