HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 4

From:
Lance Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lance Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 09:23:52 -0800
As a Mac and DOS and Unix and soon an HP3000 user it is good to see that Macs
are being used elsewhere in a client server environment.  Though Macs are
loosing both mind and market share, they still are a powerful and
intuitive computing solution.  This said, after a weekend of trying to
help my sister get her new Windows '95 PC fully up and running!  While I
really liked much of what I saw, at least in terms of ease of setup and
software installation, Win '95 is still way short of the Mac.

I suppose this must sound similar to the way that HP3000 and AS/400 users
knock Unix.  In my case, though I Mac user (along with the other platforms
and OSs mentioned above - in fact I use Unix the most) I try not to be a
Mac SNOB, as is so often the case with Mac people.

As to your reference below, at both DB Expo and the Software Developers
Conference held recently in San Francisco, a company whose booth said
"Simba" exhibited.  Though not certain, I think it very likely that this
is the same company you refer to as "Simba Technologies Inc."  Assuming
that is so, the please note:

The Simba whose booth I visited specialized in ALL SORTS of ODBC
CONNCETIVITY, not just Mac ODBC connectivity.  Just thought I try to set
the record straight.

-------------------------------(Begin Quote)--------------------------------
In article <v02140b09ad9fb9d1eb2a@[204.245.14.188]>, "F. Alfredo Rego"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I received this tip from a Mac expert:
>
> There's a company called Simba Technologies Inc that specializes in Mac
> ODBC drivers. Try calling (604) 681-4549 for more information.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> +---------------+
> |               |
> |            r  |  Alfredo                     [log in to unmask]
> |          e    |                           http://www.adager.com
> |        g      |  F. Alfredo Rego               Tel 208 726-9100
> |      a        |  Manager, Theoretical Group    Fax 208 726-2822
> |    d          |  Adager Corporation
> |  A            |  Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000            U.S.A.
Regards,

| Lance Hamilton                      | Phone: (415) 873-0440               |
| I.S. Manager                        |   Fax: (415) 873-9310               |
| Pacific Agri-Products, Inc.         | email: [log in to unmask]            |
| South San Francisco, CA USA         |                                     |