HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 4

From:
Roger Klump <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Klump <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 21:38:16 GMT
[log in to unmask] (Richard Corn) wrote:

>I have been unable to get any coherent info from HP about the cdrom extensions
>for MPE. I need to know if this is an orderable product or what, as the server
>seems to be present on my system. How do I get the pc software. I was also
>told by HP that the client software for cdrom extensions would not work under
>Windows. Whats up with that? I would appreciate anyone with experience with
>this product giving me the 5-minute tour by email or on the group.

>Richard Corn    [log in to unmask]

Yes, the CD-ROM Extensions is an ordable product.  It works well for
DOS based networking only.  (You must have a DOS based networking
package in order to use it.  Windows based IP packages won't work due
to the product's implementation.)  There was a post a few months back
by HP (I believe Kriss Rant posted it) that a Windows version would be
available this summer (I think).  You get the PC software when you
order the package.

If you need any additional information, let me know.

Roger Klump
Orion Group Software Engineers
home: [log in to unmask]
office: [log in to unmask]