HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 4

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 12:03:41 -0700
Re:
> "Some people say that I must be a horrible person, but that's not true.  I
> have the heart of a young boy - - in a jar on my desk." - - Steven King,
> 3/8/90.

A common misattribution.  To the best of my knowledge, the original
was from Robert Bloch (author of Psycho), back in the '50s or so.

BTW, a quick WWW search seems to indicate that about 1/3 of the
attributions for this quote are to Bloch, and about 2/3 (sigh) to King.
I recall reading, a few years ago, that King credited Bloch.

(I commented only because I knew him...fastest man with a pun I've ever met.)

> If you had everything, where would you put it?

In appropriate storage boxes, which (by definition) you have.

> The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

Actually, it has.  Some people have chosen not to have children because
of the cost.

> "... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
> lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their
> C programs."  - - Robert Firth.

Was he that Scottish forth programmer?  You know...Firth of Forth.

> These thoughts are owned by the person expressing them, and no one else!

Some were great!

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html