HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 3

From:
"Rowland, Billy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowland, Billy
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 13:19:00 -0400
Gilles Schipper wrote:
>From my experience, there are no problems whatsoever with viewing of
>block mode screens and Telnet access.

Thanks for the enlightenment!  I am curious, however, which Telnet
software (on the PC side) must one have to see block mode screens on
the HP?  Are we talking standard telnet clients, or HP3000 specific
telnet
clients such as WRQ's or Minisoft's?  Any recommendations?

>... in order to access the HP3000 via Telnet ... you MUST HAVE HP's
>Openview DTC Manager as well as either a telnet access card in a DTC
>or a stand-alone Telnet box. Windows-for-Workgroups, Reflection, and
>TCP/IP is not enough.

Gilles has beautifully covered the requirements for telnet access.
 However,
if one has Reflection (including NS3000) or Minisoft and TCP/IP, one can
connect via NS/VT and forego the expense and trouble of purchasing HP's
Openview DTC Manager, a telnet access card or a stand-alone telnet box.

Regards,
Billy Rowland