HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 3

Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 09:24:54 PST
That's a good question.  We've been looking at HASS, recently, and it
never occurred to me to ask!

Also, I've read that HASS powerfail recovery may be less reliable than
in earlier disk technology - i.e., XM may not fully be able to recover
the data due to the way the drives buffer and write.  The E-mail
address for the HP rep (Vicky Symonds) interviewed for the article is
incorrect, so I haven't been able to contact her to clarify.  Has
anyone discovered any information re: this potential problem?

Lee Gunter      503-375-4498        [log in to unmask]
HMO Oregon      503-375-4401  fax
The opinions expressed, here, are mine and mine alone, and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.