HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 2

From:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 18:56:57 PST
Mark Bixby asks:

>Are pre-compiled Perl 5.002 binaries for MPE out there anywhere?  (Opus seems
>to be down as I type this, so I haven't checked there.)

Boy! I'm getting to make my quota of responses all in one day.

I ported perl 5.001 some time back and have been waiting for some
feedback from 'beta testers'. Jeff is going to put a copy on OPUS if he
hasn't already and I'll have a copy put on JAZZ when I submit my next
bunch of stuff to HP. In the mean time, you can pick up a copy at
ftp://ftp.orbitsw.com/hp3000/perl.mover.gz.

I wouldn't rely highly on the hints file for MPEiX. I found it
inadequate. However, the config.sh file you find in the distribution
should contain all you need to recompile it on your machine. Note that I
built this with gcc, so config.sh is built around that environment and
might need tuning to work with c89.

The file is a gzipped mover file, so you need both of those tools to
unpack it. It will build a local directory containing perl and its
dependent libraries. cd into that directory and do ./installperl to
install it.

Good luck!

Regards,

M.