HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 1

From:
Daniel Kosack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Kosack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 22:09:13 -0500
On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, Dan Hollis wrote:

> Just thought I'd let everyone know that progress on FREEVT3K has been coming
> along nicely. We now have a nice alpha release version available. It is usable
> enough to run the POSIX shell and use 'vi' to edit files!

  I wonder how quickly TCP wrappers and the sort will hit the market for
HP and MPE based goods?  I'm personally happy to see the vt3k client out
and strong, but now it's possible that the HP3000 is open to a whole new
hacker world since a client for its proprietary software is readily
available.  With the threat of IP spoof attacks, router firewalls alone
can no longer be considered fail safe security.

  Has anyone ported TCP wrappers to MPE?

Daniel Kosack  -<[ Danny Boy ]>-