HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 1

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 16:30:24 -0800
Fred writes:

> Currently, the Adager Date Subsystem maps ALL invalid dates to 99991232

I assume that happens only if I'm mapping to a date field of X8 (or I2?),
but I'd expect Adager to provide the ability to map from a large
variety of date formats *to* a large variety of date formats, one
of which would be YYYYMMDD, one of which would be CALENDAR, one of which
would be extended CALENDAR (32-bits, with upper 23 bits being YYYY since
1970), etc.

In some of those hypothetical "to" date types, I'd hope that the concept
of "never", "expired", "unknown", and/or "invalid" is defined .. in which
case you can use that as the destination value (if, of course, you know
what ad-hoc value a particular user was using (e.g.: binary 0)).

> What about the mapping of ASCII format dates which are all blanks?
> What about the mapping of special dates whose meaning is 'unknown'?
> Kindly direct all responses to [log in to unmask]

Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html