HP3000-L Archives

April 1996, Week 1

From:
Netnews Server <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 02:02:24 GMT
"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I just received this private message from a "shy" user regarding the
>current discussion on the default setting for CIU (Critical-Item Update;
>>
>>My suggestion would be to launch a major CIU education campaign via all the
>>possible means (HP, third parties which use or work on IMAGE, VARs, VAB,
>>ISVs, etc). I think a nice poster (letter size) made with QueryCalc (with a
>>one-page explanation on the meaning of CIU, its advantages and how to use
>>it)

I will not comment on the default setting issue. I beleive this is best left
in the hands of SIGIMAGE. However, as far as advertising CIU, in MY opinion,
the fact that it's documented in the TurboIMAGE manual should be all the
advertising that's needed. One only has to read the manual to know it's
there....and I want to stay away from the "advertising thread"!:-))

Steve Patrick
HP Database Expert Center